Thursday, March 1, 2012

Just-A-Scrappin Challenge #1 - Card Cutout

Our first challenge over at Just-A-Scrappin is to create a card using a cutout or frame.  My take on this was to use an image as my cardbase instead of the standard rectangle.  This comes at a perfect time to make a congrats card for a girlfriend of mine that found out recently she's expecting a boy!

The bottle is a cut from Gypsy Wanderings and is 4" wide x 7" tall.  I used my Gypsy to weld two of the bottle shapes together.  I also used the hide contour feature to only cut certain parts of the bottle.  A lot of hand trimming took place in order to get the nipple of the bottle a different color and to place the colorful striped paper behind the cutout portion on the front.


And now that I've hopefully spurred your creativity, hop on over to Just-A-Scrappin to add your creation to this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment