Friday, February 10, 2012

Pretty Princess

I consider myself to be lucky because I began scrapbooking very early in life.  Because of this I've been able to stay on top of pages for current events.  Now before you get frustrated because you're still working on Easter of 1994, hear me out!  Sure, it's nice to feel caught up and not worry about remembering details for twenty years worth of life.  But the more I think about it, I believe I'd prefer to be behind with my scrapbooking.  I go to several weekend scrapbook retreats (thanks to my oh-so-understanding hubby) and I see so many women reminiscing over their spirited and loving toddlers who have grown to be "spirited" teenagers in what seems like a blink of an eye.  I love the idea of reliving the past and being able to spend an entire weekend remembering events that meant so much to me.  Granted I have a fairly poor memory and will have to begin making notes so that I can remember all of those little details, but that won't be too hard to do.

With that being said, I created a layout today for pictures of me when I was just five years old.  It will be fun to talk to my mom and find out more about myself when I was little.  I'm positive it will be just as much fun for her as it will for me.

Sizzix Flourish #2 Bigz Die

Castle is from P.28 of Paper Doll Dress Up and is cut at 6" high.


I added a hidden journaling tag that slides behind this decorative square.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Now I'll have to dig out some pictures of my when I was little... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete